Aerial Hoop Instructor Training in Berlin
from LCN professional Pole & Aerial Training
- The training takes place in our studio in Berlin-Schöneberg – this guarantees more effective learning than training online or via video
- 28 hours (6 x 4 hours group seminars in a small group with min. 3, max. 6 participants + practical presentation/exam)
- Duration: 7 weeks (7 x 4 hour group sessions)
- Use of the studio between sessions for training free of charge (at agreed times)
- Practical examination/presentation
- Certificate from LCN Professional Pole & Aerial Training
- Course fee including examination and certificate: €499
Current hygiene and distancing regulations are adhered to.
The training can be held in English or in German, as required.
The next training programme will start as soon as there are at least 3 applicants. Various times and dates are available and will be decided together with the participants. If you are interested, please email us (email@example.com).
- Participants without professional training in dance, gymnastics, acrobatics or similar: aerial hoop experience min. 6 months
- Participants with professional training in dance, gymnastics, acrobatics or similar: aerial hoop experience min. 1 month
- Anatomy, physiology, fitness theory and practice
- Safe and effective warm-up, cool-down, conditioning, stretching, safe pole instruction
- Beginner and intermediate aerial hoop moves and exercises, and how to teach them
- Participants are able to practice teaching during the course on a regular basis.
- How to deal with students‘ injuries and other physical restrictions
- Avoiding mistakes made by many teachers that can endanger students
- Devising choreographies
- Artistic, creative aspects
- How can I develop as a teacher in the future and develop concepts for teaching additional moves and class formats?
- How can I continue to develop as an artist/as an athlete and also pay attention to my physical and mental health?
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- What is important in order to ensure that students feel comfortable, have fun, strengthen their confidence and learn effectively?
- Teaching styles for different learning styles
- Teacher ethics
- How can I assess whether students have enough strength and coordination to start working on inverts without risk of injury?
- Effective spotting and alternatives to spotting
- How can I devise individualised training concepts taking into account the needs, strengths and weaknesses of students?
- How can I ensure that all students in a mixed level class receive enough attention and individual support?
- Devising lesson plans for groups and private lessons
- Equipment safety
Kay Friederike Herm has over 10 years experience as a performing artist and teacher in dance, acrobatics and theatre. Kay was born in Berlin but moved to London in 1999, where she studied Performing Arts and Human Rights. In 2009, Kay started training in pole dance/pole acrobatics. In 2011, Kay started teaching pole and founded the Business Pole Ballet®. In 2017, she moved back to Berlin and in January 2020, she opened the studio Le Chat Noir Berlin, offering classes in pole, aerial hoop and theatre.
- 2002-2005: Bachelor of Arts in Dance and Performing Arts – Middlesex University (London)
- 2006-2008: Master of Arts in Human Rights – University of London
- 2010: Certificate in Advanced Exercise and Fitness Theory – Citylit College (London)
- 2010: Certificate in Teaching Exercise to Music – Citylit College (London)
- 2010: Certificate in Teaching Mat Pilates – Citylit College (London)
- 2011: Certificate in Ante/Post Natal Exercise – Lifetime (London)
- 2011: Certificate in Advanced Instructing in Pole Dance Fitness – PS Pro (Maidstone)
- 2016: Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching – Animas Center for Coaching (London)